A HOLDEN Commodore ute has exploded into a fireball outside a house on the northern Gold Coast.
Firefighters were called to the Hanover Street home at Pimpama around 3 o’clock on Thursday afternoon.
They arrived to find the utility on fire, burning ferociously in the driveway. See the video below.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
It’s understood the vehicle caught fire as the owner turned the ignition key. He was forced to jump for his life.
Crews worked fast to douse the flames and stop the inferno from spreading.
The blaze sent a huge plume of black smoke rising into the air above the suburb.
It is not known exactly what sparked the fire. Thankfully, no one was injured.
[fb_pe url=”https://www.facebook.com/7NewsGoldCoast/videos/1332394126859272/” bottom=”30″]