A Gold Coast home has been completely destroyed and a family pet tragically killed, after a fire broke out in Ashmore overnight.
Emergency services were called out just before 8.00pm to Teak Place, near Mingaletta Drive.
Four fire crews report that the two storey house was fully engulfed on arrival, and took around an hour to get the flames under control.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Part of the building also collapsed as a result of the blaze, but luckily no one was injured.
There are reports the fire may have been caused by candles, and fire investigators won’t be returning to the scene today.
While, paramedics report that no people required assistance at the scene, a cat was brought out of the wreckage by fire fighters.
Despite CPR attempts at the scene, the cat couldn’t be saved.
#Ashmore – Paramedics are on scene and standing by for QFES at a structural fire at a private residence. Currently there are no patients involved.
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) November 25, 2020