HOLY ROSES! The new Bachelor Australia has been announced

Network Ten have announced who the 2021 Bachelor Australia will be, and for the first time in a while, it’s someone we haven’t met before!

After months of speculation, airline pilot Jimmy Nicholson has been confirmed as the leading man for this year’s season.

“Romance is ready to make its return and Cupid’s bow is poised to strike firmly in the heart of Australia’s next Bachelor, Jimmy Nicholson,” the network said in a statement.

“With love and a fairy-tale ending set firmly in his sights, the 31-year-old airline pilot is looking to take on his greatest adventure yet.”

Channel 10 has described Jimmy as a “self-confessed romantic”, who is an “intelligent and passionate go-getter who is ready to find his happily ever after”.

“Like most singles, when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Jimmy had time to reflect on his life and what he hoped to achieve in the future,” the network said.

“While recognising that his career is important, love is more important. And, The Bachelor seemed the perfect way to find the one.

Jimmy says he can’t wait to begin the adventure and hopefully find the one!

“I am a big believer in embracing any opportunity that presents itself, especially if it has the potential to change your life for the better,” he said.

“The journey ahead will be one of the most challenging experiences that I have ever undertaken, however, I am very excited to meet someone that I could potentially spend the rest of my life with.”

The Bachelor Australia will once again be hosted by Osher Günsberg and is set to air on Channel 10 soon, however an exact date has not yet been confirmed.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by TheBachelorAU (@thebachelorau)

Sheppard to play free gig at Live on The Lawn this Sunday!

Get ready to Say Geronimo Gold Coast!

This Sunday, 1029 Hot Tomato is bringing Sheppard to The Star Gold Coast for a FREE Live on The Lawn performance.

The band is set to play an acoustic set at 4pm featuring all of their big hits, as well as some tunes from their brand new album Kaleidoscope Eyes.

“The album has had a nice reception, everyone has been enjoying it so far,” George told 1029 Hot Tomato’s Moyra & Baggs on Tuesday afternoon.

George said Gold Coasters of all ages are invited to attend the free performance.

“We are going to be meeting all our fans too. If anyone is around, come on down.”

Listen to the full interview with George below:

While there are no tickets required to attend the event, 1029 Hot Tomato is giving away tickets to an exclusive VIP area for those who are 18+.

Tune in to Galey, Emily Jade & Christo and Moyra & Baggs this week to win your way into the VIP area with drinks and the best view of the show.

Sheppard will perform at Live on The Lawn at The Star Gold Coast this Sunday 7 March at 4pm. For more information, visit: mygc.com.au/gold-coast-events/sheppard-live-on-the-lawn-at-the-star-gold-coast/

 

 

Aussie music industry icon Michael Gudinski dies aged 68

The Australian entertainment industry is in shock following the sudden death of record company boss and promoter Michael Gudinski.

The man regarded as the father of Australian music died suddenly overnight.

He was 68.

After starting his career promoting local dances as a teen, Gudinski formed Mushroom Records in 1972.

His first big signing was The Skyhooks whose album Living In the 70s spent 16 weeks at number one in 1975.

Gudinski also had huge success with artists including Split Enz, Jimmy Barnes, The Angels, Paul Kelly, The Choirboys and Yothu Yindi.

In 1987, Mushroom signed Kylie Minogue which saw her release Locomotion. 

Photo: Instagram

The company hooked her up with producers Stock, Aitken and Waterman, and the rest is history.

At the helm of Frontier Touring, Gudinski also brought some of the world’s biggest acts to Australia over several decades including Frank Sinatra, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney and more recently Taylor Swift.

Photo: Instagram

Gudinski brought together some of Australia’s biggest artists last year at the height of the COVID pandemic for the Music From the Homefront online concert.

In January, Gudinski was behind the Sounds Better Together concert series across regional Victoria

Gudinski is survived by his wife Sue and children Matt and Kate and two grandchildren.

 

Photo: Facebook

Jimmy Barnes was among those to pay tribute to Gudinski, tweeting that the ‘heart of Australian music was ripped out.’

“I felt it, my family felt it, the music business felt I, the world felt it. Michael Gudinski was not only that heart but he was my friend.”

“His boundless enthusiasm breathed life into our music scene. But that was just one side of Michael. He was a staunch friend, a loving father and grandfather and an adoring husband to Sue.”

 

 

 

 

Harry says split from royal life ‘tough’

Prince Harry says the process of separating from royal life has been very difficult for him and his wife, Meghan.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Harry invoked the memory of his late mother, Princess Diana, who had to find her way alone after she and Prince Charles divorced.

“I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here talking to you with my wife by my side, because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like for her going through this process by herself all those years ago,” Harry said, adding, “because it’s been unbelievably tough for the two of us.”

“But at least we have each other,” Harry said, in a clip from the interview special, which is scheduled to air on March 7 on CBS and the following day in Britain. Diana was shown in a photo holding toddler Harry as he made the comments. His mother died in 1997 of injuries suffered in a car crash.

Harry and Meghan sat opposite Winfrey and side-by-side, holding hands during the interview that was conducted in a lush garden setting.

The couple lives in Montecito, California, where they are neighbours of Winfrey.

As Meghan Markle, the actor starred in the TV legal drama Suits. She married Queen Elizabeth II’s grandson at Windsor Castle in May 2018, and their son, Archie, was born a year later.

The brief promotional clip was one of two of that aired Sunday during CBS’ news magazine “60 Minutes.” Winfrey’s questions and comment were predominant in the other clip, including her statement that, “You said some pretty shocking things here,” without an indication of what she was referring to. Meghan was not heard from in the clips.

Harry and Meghan stepped away from full-time royal life in March 2020, unhappy at media scrutiny and the strictures of their roles. They cited what they described as the intrusions and racist attitudes of the British media toward the duchess, who is African American.

It was agreed the situation would be reviewed after a year. On Friday, Buckingham Palace confirmed that the couple will not be returning to royal duties and Harry will give up his honorary military titles – a decision that makes formal, and final, the couple’s split from the royal family.

The pair, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, verified “they will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family. ”

A spokesperson for the couple hit back at suggestions that Meghan and Harry were not devoted to duty.

“As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

© AP 2021

WATCH: Prince Harry reveals all in rare interview with James Corden

Prince Harry has broken his silence on a number of topics in an extremely rare interview with US television host James Corden.

The Duke of Sussex joined the chat show larrikin in Los Angeles, where they toured the streets on a double-decker bus.

During the ride, the Prince revealed some rather private details, ultimately confirming it was the “toxic” British Press that led to him leaving royal life.

“We all know what the British press can be like, and it was destroying my mental health,” he told Corden.

“I was like, this is toxic. So I did what any husband and what any father would do.”

Harry continued by telling Corden that he is “way more comfortable with watching The Crown than seeing the stories written about my family or my wife or myself”.

“They don’t pretend to be news, it’s fictional,” he said.

“But it’s loosely based on the truth. Of course, it’s not strictly accurate, but… it gives you a rough idea about what that lifestyle, what the pressures of putting duty and service above family and everything else, what can come from that.”

The segment also features a Facetime call with Meghan, and Harry puts his rapping skills to the test by performing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song.

WATCH: