Child suffers burns in horror accident at Gold Coast home

A young boy has been hospitalised after suffering burns in an accident involving a fire pit at a home on the Gold Coast.

Emergency crews were called to a house in Tallebudgera just after 6.30pm on Friday.

Upon arrival, they found a primary school aged child suffering burns to his face, arms and legs.


He was treated at the scene by paramedics, including the High Acuity Response Unit.

The youngster was then rushed to the Gold Coast University Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition.