The official death toll from the devastating Christchurch attacks has increased by one, after Turkish officials confirmed one of their own passed away in hospital overnight.
Turkey’s government have confirmed one of their citizens, Zekeriya Tuyan, was critically injured in the March 15 terror attacks that killed 50 people and injured 50 more.
The death toll now stands at 51.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
New Zealand police have reportedly also confirmed the death of a 46-year-old man, who had been in a critical condition in hospital, had since died.
A Turkish news agency says Tuyan’s brother said he was undergoing surgery yesterday, though could not be saved.
It’s believed he was injured at the first mosque, the Al Noor mosque.