Coffee van sparks Gold Coast garage fire

House Fire - Wildflower Court - Tom Delaney

IMAGE: Tom Delaney SOURCE: Supplied

A YOUNG family got a fright last night when their coffee van caught alight in the garage of their Gold Coast home.

Fire fighters were called to the Wildflower Circuit house in Upper Coomera around midnight after the family’s work car went up in smoke.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The fire crew managed to confine the fire to the garage and stop it from spreading to the rest of the house.

A man and a woman, and their baby, escaped uninjured.

At the time of writing (midnight), the cause of the fire had yet to be determined.

It’s the third time this week crews have been called to a house fire on the Gold Coast, although thankfully this time it was not as severe.

House Fire - Wildflower Court - Tom Delaney 3

IMAGE: Tom Delaney SOURCE: Supplied

A television left on standby mode is thought to have sparked a blaze which tore through an Ashmore home on Wednesday.

FAMILY HOME DESTROYED BY FIRE IN ASHMORE

Two occupants who were inside and asleep at the time the fire started managed to escape uninjured.

Two pet dogs and a cat were also pulled alive from the burning home and reunited with their owners.

Meanwhile, two brothers who were out to dinner on Monday night returned to their two-storey Coomera home to find it on fire.

BROTHERS ESCAPE COOMERA HOUSE FIRE

It’s understood a laptop left charging on a double bed in an upstairs bedroom started the blaze which destroyed the entire second floor.