A teaser of Gold Coast man Gable Tostee’s exclusive tell-all interview was aired on 60 Minutes last night, sending social media into overdrive.
In the 46 second preview, the 30-year-old is quizzed by journalist Liam Bartlett about what happened the night New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright plunged to her death from his Surfers Paradise apartment.
“This was a guest in my home, it wasn’t supposed to be this,” Mr Tostee told 60 Minutes.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“I restrained her to stop her from attacking me.”
In the teaser, Tostee is questioned over the amount of times Ms Wright can be heard screaming ‘no’.
“Yeah she was certainly trying to make a lot of noise. I didn’t know what else to do. I was just um… I wanted it to stop,” Mr Tostee said.
The teaser finished on Bartlett asking Tostee: “Can you understand why many people would think you’re a cold, heartless, cruel bastard?”
Social media instantly erupted as soon as the clip aired.
“Please tell me #60mins hasn’t paid Gable Tostee to get his head on TV? Have some respect for her family’s loss,” one person wrote on Twitter.
“So he wouldn’t take the stand in court but will tell his story for money?” wrote another.
Last month, Tostee was acquitted by a Brisbane Supreme Court jury of the murder and manslaughter of Ms Wright.
The exclusive interview, reported to be worth a whopping six-figure sum, will air on 60 Minutes next Sunday.
— 60 Minutes Australia (@60Mins) November 6, 2016