Tennis

Cornet denies wrongdoing after doping violation

French tennis star Alize Cornet has denied any wrongdoing after being charged with doping offences for missing three out-of-competition drug tests.

The International Tennis Federation’s Anti-Doping Programme said the world No.42 had been charged on January 11 before the start of the Australian Open, where she lost in the third round.

However, the star claims none of it was her fault and just a big misunderstanding.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


She told a local paper that she was at home and the controllers could not join her for the last ‘no show’ and is hopeful it will all be cleared.

 

Three missed tests in a 12-month period can lead to a suspension.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments