Two Council workers are being praised for trying to rescue a man trapped in a ferocious house fire at Seven Hills this morning.
The workers were driving along Blacktown Road just before 6.30am, when they saw the home well alight.
Police said they used their truck to break down a fence to access the yard, but were unable to enter the house due to the intense smoke and heat.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Emergency crews arrived on scene just seconds later and were able to make their way inside the burning building, where they found a 41-year-old man lying on the floor in a room at the back of the home.
The man was quickly carried to safety before being rushed to Concord Hospital in a critical but stable condition, suffering burns and the effects of smoke inhalation.
One of the council workers was also checked by paramedics after suffering shock.
It’s not yet known what sparked the blaze, however investigations into the fire are now underway.