Damaged gas meter sparks evacuation of Gold Coast surf life saving club

A Gold Coast surf life saving club has been evacuated after a reported gas leak.

It’s understood a damaged gas meter sparked the chaos at the Broadbeach Surf Life Saving Club around 6.30pm last night.

Emergency crews including Police, Queensland Fire and Emergency and Queensland Ambulance responded to the scene.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Diners at the surf club were evacuated for a short time as a safety precaution, while police established an exclusion zone.

Qld fire crews helped to disperse the gas before a gas examiner from the Gas National Response centre was called in to fix the issue.

No one was injured and the area has since been deemed safe.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments