Tuesday 25 April is ANZAC Day, when we remember the Australian and New Zealand men and women who have served our country and died in wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations.
So, the myGC team have put together this list of locations where you can attend a dawn service on the Gold Coast.
(It’s in alphabetical order)…
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
- Burleigh Heads: 4.15am at War Memorial Park, Burleigh Heads Cenotaph (corner of Connor Street and Gold Coast Highway) for a 4.28am service.
- Coolangatta/Tweed Heads: 5.45am on the pathway behind Chris Cunningham Park, Tweed Heads. Those veterans who wish to be seated for the service are asked to form up at the front of the march (250 chairs available for veterans). A gunfire breakfast will be available from Twin Towns Services Club after the Dawn Service. Tickets are $10 and must be purchased in advance from the Tweed Heads & Coolangatta RSL Sub Branch Office.
- Currumbin RSL Dawn Service: 5am, following a march from Murraba Street, Currumbin at 4.35am followed by the dawn service at 5am at Elephant Rock, Currumbin Beach. Gunfire breakfast served at Currumbin RSL from 6.30am (veterans free, other patrons at a fee).
- Mudgeeraba Dawn Service: 5am at The Cenotaph, Elsie Laver Park, Railway Street, Mudgeeraba. Service only followed by a gunfire breakfast at Memorial Hall, Railway Street (gold coin donation).
- Nerang Dawn Service: 4.45am at Nerang RSL Memorial Club, 69 Nerang Street, Nerang. Service only (no march) to commence at 4.45am, followed by a gunfire breakfast at the Nerang RSL.
- North Gold Coast RSL (Helensvale): 5.25am in Remembrance Park (behind Club Helensvale), 20-28 Discovery Drive, Helensvale with the service commencing at 5.20am. Parking is limited
- Runaway Bay Dawn Service: 5am at ANZAC Memorial, Runaway Bay RSL Sub Branch Cenotaph, off Lae Drive, Runaway Bay. Arrive at 4.45am for a 5am start. Memorial service only (no march). To be followed by a gunfire breakfast that will be held at the Seagulls Rugby League Club, $6 per person.
- Southport RSL Dawn Service: 5am after a march from the intersection of Short Street and Marine Parade starting at 4.40am march off, proceeding along Marine Parade to the Gold Coast Highway, then to ANZAC Park with Cenotaph Service Commencing 5am.