Gold Coast link in fatal police shooting in Brisbane

UPDATE: IT was revealed on Wednesday that the gunman shot dead after a four hour long stand-off in Brisbane on Monday, had been living on the Gold Coast.

Shaun Kumeroa, 42,was shot dead after getting out of a car while holding a gun  Inala.

Police have confirmed the victim had been living on Chevron Island.


The Courier Mail reported Mr Kumeroa had recently split from his partner and was missing their young daughter.

EARLIER: AN ETHICAL Standards investigation in under way following the police shooting of a gunman in Brisbane on Monday.

Police attended an apartment building in Inala around midday yesterday, where a man with a gun had barricaded himself in his car.

An emergency situation was declared and the surrounding area was closed off as police tried to negotiate with the man inside.

According to Police, there was an intense stand-off and when the man eventually exited the car he pointed the weapon at officers.

As a result, he was shot and after attempts to revive him, he was pronounced dead.

The incident will be investigated by the Police Ethical Standards Command and a report will be prepared for the coroner.

5.35PM UPDATE: A MAN shot several times by heavily armed police during a tense four-hour siege in suburban Brisbane has died of his injuries.

Police confirmed the man had died at a 5.30pm media conference and the Ethical Standards Command is now investigating.

SERT officers opened fire on the man after he’d pointed what appeared to be a handgun at police during a tense stand-off in the carpark of an Inala unit complex.

The emergency declaration has since been revoked.

PICTURE: Jess Millward (9News) Twitter

4.30PM UPDATE: A MAN is reportedly in a critical condition after he was shot by heavily armed police during a tense four-hour siege in suburban Brisbane.

It’s alleged the man first armed himself with a gun and barricaded himself inside a car on Gannet Street, Inala shortly before midday.

Scores of police, including specialist SERT officers, swooped on the area and have been on scene since, attempting to negotiate a peaceful resolution with the man who’d reportedly been making threats. 

Journalists on scene reported hearing several shots ring out around the home just before 3.50pm after the suspect suddenly got out of his car and pointed what appeared to be a handgun towards officers.

He was shot at several times by the Special Emergency Response Team. 

Aerial news footage showed emergency service workers attend to the man who dropped to the ground beside the vehicle.

3PM UPDATE: AN emergency declaration remains current at Inala where a gunman has barricaded himself in a vehicle.

Just before midday, police attended an address in Gannet Street to conduct an enquiry on an unrelated matter.

As police approached the address, a man in a vehicle outside the premises presented a firearm.

An emergency declaration was made at 12.05pm for the area bounded by Comorant, Clipper, Brolga, Parakeet, Partridge, Wirraway, Kittyhawk streets and Inala Avenue.

People living within the declared area are asked to remain in their homes and follow any directions given to them by police.

Specialist police remain on scene and are negotiating with the man.

Motorists are advised to avoid the area.

EARLIER: HEAVILY armed tactical officers have surrounded a gunman’s car in suburban Brisbane this afternoon.

Multiple police crews first swooped on the property shortly before midday after reports a man armed with a gun had barricaded himself inside a vehicle and was making threats.

Specialist SERT officers are on scene and have the car surrounded as police attempt to negotiate a peaceful resolution.

An emergency declaration is in effect for the area bounded by Comorant, Clipper, Brolga, Parakeet, Partridge, Wirraway, Kittyhawk streets and Inala Avenue.

Police have urged people to avoid the area.