DREAMWORLD will remain closed until after the funerals are held for the victims killed in Tuesday’s ride disaster.
Speaking at a press conference on Friday afternoon, CEO Craig Davidson confirmed the theme park would not reopen until the funerals of all four victims had been held and all investigations are completed.
Mr Davidson also invited the community to attend a second special candlelight vigil outside the park from 6pm tonight.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Our first priority will always be to support the families. Next, we need to support the ongoing investigation and we fully intend to continue to comply with all requests,” Mr Davidson said.
“The premier and the mayor have both said that no stone must be left unturned and we wholeheartedly agree.
“As to the park reopening, no attraction in this park will be reopening until internal and external safety audits are completed and are peer reviewed by international experts and the regulator.
“Furthermore, I would like to confirm under the direction of Deborah Thomas that no parts of the park will open until at least after the funerals of the four people who lost their lives.”
Upwards of 500 Dreamworld staff members attended a private memorial service at the theme park this morning.