Eight teenage girls have been arrested following an attempted armed robbery in Shellharbour.
About 9pm (Saturday 22 August 2015), a 19-year-old girl was sitting at a bus stop on Lake Entrance Road, when she was approached by a group of eight girls.
One of the girls threatened the 19-year-old girl with a knife, demanding her phone. The older teen refused and called police.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Police from Lake Illawarra Local Area Command arrived a short time later.
Following inquiries, eight girls were arrested and conveyed to Lake Illawarra Police Station.
A 14-year-old girl was charged with assault with intent to rob armed with offensive weapon, breach of bail, trespass and goods in custody.
The seven other girls were charged with unrelated offences.
– A 13-year-old girl was charged with detention application – arrest.
– A 15-year-old girl was charged with destroy or damage property.
– A 13-year old girl was charged in relation to an outstanding warrant.
– A 14-year-old girl was charged with goods in personal custody suspected of being stolen.
– A 15-year-old girl was charged with enter inclosed land not prescribed premises without law.
– A 14-year-old girl was charged with destroy or damage property.
– A 13-year-old girl was charged with assault officer in execution of duty (x2).