Elderly man dies after taipan bite in Cairns

An elderly man bitten by a taipan at his Cairns home has died after spending nearly a week in hospital.

David Pitt, 77, went into cardiac arrest after the highly venomous snake bit him on the foot in the living room of his Yorkeys Knob home last Tuesday night.

He was administered anti-venom and rushed to Cairns Hospital where he died on Monday.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments