A LOGAN family has been left devastated after their home was destroyed by fire while they were on the Gold Coast.
The Waterford house went up in flames on Willow Rise Drive around 1.30pm on Thursday, sending a huge cloud of black toxic moke billowing into the air.
Neighbours called 000 and raced to see if anyone was inside the house, but it’s understood the owners were holidaying on the Gold Coast at the time.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Firefighters arrived to find the house well engulfed, with flames shooting out of the roof and the street shrouded in smoke.
Crews sprang into action and worked to douse the inferno and stop the flames from spreading to neighbouring houses. Despite their efforts, however, the house was destroyed.
It is not yet clear what sparked the blaze. Thankfully, no one was injured.
It’s understood the owners of the home are insured.
— Nine News Queensland (@9NewsQueensland) July 13, 2017