“Fat on stove” sparks Southport kitchen fire

Two women have been hospitalised on the Gold Coast after a small fire broke out in their kitchen.

Fire crews were called to a home in Southport just before 9.30pm, following reports of the blaze.

However, upon arrival, crews discovered the fire was far less threatening than first thought.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A Queensland Fire and Emergency Service spokesperson told myGC “a bit of fat had caught alight on the stove”, sparking a few flames.

Two female patients were treated on scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Moral of the story: Trim the fat and look after your health