A Gold Coast family has had a lucky escape after fire broke out inside their Upper Coomera home in the early hours of this morning.
Emergency crews were called to the home on Barrington Street around 3.30am on Sunday.
It’s understood the small blaze erupted inside a study, but crews were able to extinguish it quickly.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Paramedics were also called to the scene, but thankfully no one was injured.
It comes after a boat was destroyed after erupting into flames in a canal at Mermaid Waters around 4.30pm on Saturday.
The blaze sent thick black smoke billowing across the suburb, with residents warned to close their windows and doors.
It’s not yet known what sparked the inferno.