Firefighters are currently at the scene of a Hotel fire in Surfers Paradise.
They were called to Laycock Street at around 6:40AM on Thursday.
Inside one of the units on the 11th floor they found a blaze in the kitchen.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
They extinguished the flames and are currently ventilating the unit and re-setting the alarm.
Turns out the resident had left a plastic kettle on the stovetop while it was switched on and the appliance had caught alight.
Crews expect to be there until after 7:00AM.