Fire crews rush to reports of a gas bottle explosion at Gold Coast home

Residents of a Tallebudgera home have luckily escaped serious injury after a gas bottle exploded on the property this afternoon.

Emergency services were called to the property along Trees Road just before 12.30 pm, following reports of a structure fire.

On arrival, two fire crews had the small blaze under control within ten minutes.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


It’s understood a gas bottle had exploded, with a nearby pergola then also catching fire.

Paramedics were also called to the scene where they remained on standby, but luckily no one was injured.