Residents of a Southport unit block were evacuated overnight after a fire broke out in an apartment.
Three fire crews rushed to Marine Parade just before 9.00pm Wednesday after receiving reports of a blaze.
A Queensland fire and Emergency spokesperson said the fire is understood to have broken out on the third floor, however was quickly extinguished.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A man, aged in his 40s, was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation, however did not require transport to hospital.
It’s not yet known what sparked the blaze.
A fire investigator will be sent to the scene today.