A Gold Coast house has been destroyed by fire, leaving a single mum and her five children without a home for Christmas.
Emergency services rushed to the Lawley Court residence in Pacific Pines just before 11.25am on Monday after receiving reports of a blaze.
On arrival, they found the home fully engulfed in flames. It’s believed the fire started in the bedroom of the rented residence.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Luckily, the family managed to escape the blaze just in time, however a 14-year-old boy was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition after suffering smoke inhalation.
The family, who do not have contents insurance, lost all of their belongings and their pet cat in the fire.
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the woman’s sister to help the family get back on their feet.
“My beautiful sister who is a single mother of 5 children tragically lost their home and everything they owned to a awful house fire,” the fundraising page says.
“They have nothing besides the clothes on their back, the community have came together and really helped with such incredible donations.”
“My goal is to raise $5000 for my sister and her children so they can have the Christmas and new start they deserve.”
“They have lost everything included a very loved pet… This is a Christmas tragedy and I want to help shine some light in their life.”
You can donate here.