Fire rips through family home in Logan

A family of seven have been left homeless after a massive fire tore through their home in Logan overnight.

Emergency services were called to the property along Starling Street in Eagleby just before 6.00 pm following reports of the blaze.

It took four fire crews around an hour to get the flames under control.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Two adults were briefly assessed for burn and smoke inhalation injuries at the scene before being taken to hospital for further treatment.

They’re understood to be in stable conditions at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the Logan Community Hospital.

The five children are all ok and are now with relatives.

It’s not exactly clear what sparked the blaze.