Did you double check your hair straightener was switched off and unplugged from the wall this morning?
A frightening image has emerged online, showing the aftermath of a hair straightener which was left on.
Dublin Fire Brigade shared the confronting image on Twitter as a serious warning and reminder about the importance of making sure the hair devices are switched off after use.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Straighteners off and unplugged? We attended a domestic house fire recently which was likely caused by straighteners,” they wrote alongside an image of a charcoaled straightener which is believed to have caused a house fire.
Straighteners off and unplugged? We attended a domestic house fire recently which was likely caused by straighteners… pic.twitter.com/Xzq05zUq8f
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) September 9, 2017