Four hospitalised after mass drug overdose at Melbourne nightclub

FOUR people have been rushed to hospital following a mass drug overdose at a Melbourne nightclub.

Emergency services were called to the Inflation nightclub on King Street just before 3am on Sunday.

They arrived to find several people suffering adverse effects from a drug, believed to be GHB.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Paramedics treated the patients, including a teenage boy, at the scene before transporting them to hopital.

It’s understood the party-goers were taken to St Vincent’s and the Royal Melbourne Hospital for treatment.

Fortunately, the patients were all transported in a stable condition.

A 17-year-old boy died and more than 50 others were taken to hospital following two separate mass overdose incidents in Melbourne in January and February.