A number of roads across the Gold Coast remain closed this morning, after the city was lashed by wild weather yesterday.
Dangerous thunderstorms wreaked havoc across the region, with the southern Gold Coast appearing to have copped the brunt of it.
More than 175 millimetres of rainfall fell at Oyster Creek at Burleigh in just a couple of hours, with dozens of local roads going under water.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Photos and videos posted to social media showed residents paddle boarding and kayaking down suburban streets.
According to the Department of Transport and Main Roads, quite a few roads remain blocked off due to flooding this morning.
Full list of roads still affected by flash flooding:
- Tallebudgera Connection Road, between Tallebudgera Creek Road and Guineas Creek Road, Tallebudgera Valley
- Somerset Drive between Gold Coast Springbrook Road and Bonogin Road, Mudgeeraba
- Currumbin Creek Road, between Dolans Crossing and end of Currumbin Creek Road, Currumbin Valley
- Old Coach Road, between Kingsmore Boulevard and Tallebudgera Creek Road, Burleigh Heads
- Berrigans Road, between Gold Coast Springbrook Road and Mark Way , Mudgeeraba
- Gunsynd Drive, between Appaloosa Court and Todman Drive, Mudgeeraba
- Hardys Road, at Bonogin Creek, between Bonogin Road and Glenmore Drive, Bonogin
- Alberta Park Road, Luscombe
- Highfield Drive, between Island Court and Breakwater Drive, Robina
- Mt Cougal Road, Tallebudgera Valley
- Old Coach Road, Reedy Creek
- Clagiraba Road, Thendara Drive intersection, Mount Nathan
- Birds Road, at the Coomera River near Equestrian Drive, Maudsland
- Len Dickfos Road, Tallebudgera Valley