A number of roads will be closed across the Gold Coast on Sunday as the city stops to commemorate Anzac Day.
Thousands of people are expected to participate in various events and services throughout the day, with police confirming extra resources will be deployed to ensure all commemorations go smoothly.
“External resources from Water Police, Dog Squad, Polair and Road Policing Command will supplement the local policing response ensuring a high-visibility police presence is broadly maintained across District,” police said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Gold Coast Police would like to encourage the public to drink and act responsibly when commemorating Anzac Day, respecting the nature of the occasion.”
Motorists are being warned they can expect delays and traffic congestion at the following road closures.
UPPER COOMERA- 7:30am to 11:30am
- Reserve Road north from Gawler Place
- Tamborine-Oxenford Road between Reserve Road and John Muntz Causeway
- Charlies Crossing Road on approach to Tamborine-Oxenford Road
RUNAWAY BAY- 9:00am to 10:15am
- Sports Drive
- Morala Avenue from Simbai Street to Lae Drive
SOUTHPORT- 3:30am to 11:00am
- Gold Coast Highway from Ada Bell Way to Nind Street
- Access to Nerang Street from Gold Coast Highway
- Short Street
- Marine Parade between Short Street and Gold Coast Highway
SURFERS PARADISE- 4:30am to 6:00am
- Beach Road at intersection with Remembrance Drive
- Surfers Paradise Boulevard at intersection with Hanlan Street
- The Esplanade from the Soul building to Trickett Street
BURLEIGH HEADS- 4:00am to 4:40am and 8:00am to 10:00am
- James Street
- Connor Street from Park Ave to Gold Coast Highway
NERANG- 9:00am to 11:00am
- Nerang Street from Ferry Street and at intersections with White and Lavelle Street.
SPRINGBROOK- 10:00am to 10:30am
- Springbrook Road from Forestry Road to Carricks Road
MUDGEERABA- 3:00pm to 5:30pm
- Railway Parade from Swan Lane to Elsie Laver Park
ROBINA- 8:00am to 10:00am Robina Town Centre Drive from San Antonio Court to Robina Parkway