Gold Coast apartment destroyed by fire, faulty hair straightener to blame

A HAIR straightener is thought to have sparked a ferocious fire which destroyed an apartment on the Gold Coast.

The fierce blaze ripped through the Varsity Lakes unit during the early hours of Saturday morning.

Fire crews arrived at the scene to find the inferno had consumed the Geraldton Drive unit.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Crews raced to douse the 20-foot high flames which could be seen shooting out of top-floor windows.

Dozens of firefighters worked throughout the morning to contain the blaze and stop it from spreading.

The entire top floor was gutted before crews were able to extinguish the inferno.

The rest of the building sustained extensive water damage.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments