Gold Coast building evacuated after dryer sparks early morning blaze

A Gold Coast apartment building has had to be evacuated in the early hours of Monday morning after a small blaze broke out in one of the units.

Emergency services were called to the unit block on Brighton Street in Biggera Waters around 2.30am.

There was a bit of smoke issuing from the building but crews were able to get things under control pretty quickly and the building didn’t sustain any serious damage.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said a dryer was to blame.

Queensland Ambulance said paramedics had to treat four people at the scene.

A woman, aged in her 40s, was taken to hospital for further treatment after suffering minor smoke inhalation.