BREAKING: Gold Coast exposure sites linked to new mystery case

LATEST @ 2.20 PM by Shanee Dobeson | The Gold Coast is again on COVID-19 alert after a new locally acquired case was detected in the city today.

A 32-year-old man who lives at Pacific Pines has tested positive and has potentially been infectious in the community for six days, sparking fears of community transmission.

Queensland Health has this afternoon listed two exposure sites linked to the new case.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


The Chempro Chemist at Coomera City Centre in Upper Coomera has been identified as a casual contact venue.

Anyone who was there between 10.45am – 11.10am on Monday 8 November is being told to immediately get tested and quarantine until a negative result is received.

The Coles City Centre, West Retail Precinct has also been identified as a casual contact venue between 10.55am and 11.15am that same day.

Anyone who was there during that time is being asked to “immediately travel by private transport directly to your home or accommodation and quarantine, Queensland Health said.

“Get tested at your earliest opportunity and continue to quarantine until you receive a negative result”.

Further exposure sites are expected to be listed throughout the afternoon as contact tracers continue to trace the movements of the man and his close contacts.

EARLIER @ 11.00 AM by Rebecca Dakin | The Gold Coast has recorded a new locally acquired case of COVID-19, one of three detected in Queensland in the last 24 hours.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk confirmed on Wednesday the 32-year-old man lives at Pacific Pines and has potentially been infectious in the community for six days.

“We do not know at this stage where the case from the Gold Coast has come from,” she said.

“So we need to make sure there are no other cases on the Gold Coast.

“The good news is they’ve had one dose of the vaccine.

“I’m saying to Gold Coast residents and families .. if you are not vaccinated, go and get vaccinated. If you have any symptoms, please go and get tested.”

Deputy Chief Health Officer Dr Lynne McKinlay said so far three close contact have been identified.

“The contact-tracers are working very hard to identify any locations, any exposure and to contact anyone who may be a close contact,” she said.

“What we know so far is that three family members who are close contacts, one of those is a healthcare worker, those people so far have tested negative.”

The second case was detected in Warwick and they had been infectious in the community for 10 days.

However, the Premier has said they have found the source of that infection.

The third case was detected in hotel quarantine in a person who had recently arrived from Victoria.

“Recent travel from Melbourne and not infectious on the flight and was fully vaccinated,” the Premier said.

Queensland Health is expected to provide a list of exposure sites later today.