Australian Navy Cadets – TS Tyalgum
Some typical training activities in which cadets participate include:
- Seamanship, rope work and knots
- Sailing and swimming
- Physical training games and exercises
- Parade Training and marching drills
- Rifle Shooting
- Adventure training at weekend camps and expeditions
- Planned opportunity basis visits to Navy Ships and Establishments
The Navy Cadets learn responsibility, team work, rigging, knot tying and navigational skills, the Cadet Flotilla Days which take them to great places like St Helena Island and team building such as the “Amazing Race” day. The cadets also go on camps.
Cadets attend parades on a regular basis.
There is occasional Saturdays where we go sailing and an opportunity to attend a week long training event at the end of the year, usually in the September holidays.
We are also requested to attend important public events such as ANZAC Day.
There is a curriculum that is designed to progress a Cadet through the ranks and most of this training is done onsite and not during school hours.
Cadets are given great opportunities during their time with us:-
- international exchange program to the USA
- the young endeavour tall ship program.
- Leadership development courses on real naval bases.
TS Tyalgum Navy Cadets is a place to build friendships that last a lifetime.