Learn To Play Pickleball – FUN, SOCIAL, ACTIVE!
This session is for anyone who has never played any racquet or paddle sport – the complete beginner! Contact us if you have played pickleball, tennis, squash, badminton or table tennis and we will direct to you a more appropriate session.
– Only 8 places available (2 courts)
– $8.00 per person (tap & go or cash payment)
– We will teach you how to play in a supportive environment
– Easy to play, very addictive, heaps of fun
– Everything provided
– If less than 4 people session will be cancelled
– Weather permitting
– Session day and time subject to change
***Share with family and friends!***
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL – Please click the event then click RESERVE A SPOT button. If you click interested you are not counted as going. Make sure you are using the latest Facebook app version.
So what is pickleball?
It is played on a court the same size as badminton (or a half size tennis court). We use solid paddles and plastic balls with holes in them. The net is low and you serve underhand. We play doubles and score to 11 so games are quick.
The game was first played in the USA in 1965. It is huge in the US with over 3 million people playing. Pickleball has been on the coast for only three years, so many players are at beginner to intermediate level.
This is an example of pickleball: