Olivers Christmas Lights Night Charity Ride for The Childrens Ward
The 5th Annual Gold Coast Cruiser Clubs Oliver’s Christmas Lights Night Charity Ride. 5:00 pm Thursday the 12thof December 2019.
Hello, Jeffrey here, that’s right this is the 5th year our ride has been presented and each year we have more and more riders and supporters joining in on a fun night. This year my 9 yo Grandson Oliver will again be joining me on my bike, and he will be The Ride Captain for the 2nd time. He loved everything about his first ride last year’s and he has joined me for several rides throughout the year so he is now super keen to lead the next one and is hoping as many riders can join in as possible.
The Gold Coast Hospital Foundation is again supporting us on our 5th Annual charity ride, we are raising cash funds and the collection of arts and crafts materials like colouring-in books Lego Texta’s story books anything to keep a child distracted while in hospital, we will be delivering the donations to the GCHF to be shared to all the children in the hospital at the GCUH and Robina Hospital on the medical and mental health wards. The bikes will circle the GCUH grounds twice, riding through the main entrance looped driveway, parking at the rear near the ED department in the large open garden area for raffles and a sausage sizzle. Our event is being held on a Thursday evening, it is one of the busiest nights of the week due to people going out and coming back from late night shopping. The loud brightly decorated illuminated tinsel covered motorcycles will look their best in the dark and all the children around along the journey route and the three destinations will love watching them pass.
More information here: http://www.goldcoastcruiserclub.com
Open to all riders of all registered motorcycles scooters or spyders: http://gchfoundation.org.au/
We will meet in the same place at The Pines Elanora will the full support of centre management, we will be in the car park near McDonalds at 17:00 hours and depart at approximately 17:30 hours. We will turn right inside the shopping centre from McDonalds then left onto Guineas Creek Road and up to the Gold Coast Highway turning left toward Surfers Paradise.
The ride will remain on the GC Highway until Mermaid Beach where we will turn left heading west onto Makeri Street and thru to The Q Super Centre, entering from Makeri Street and going around to the car park stopping beside McDonalds, opposite Suncorp.
From there at approximately 18:30 hours we will ride around the back of the shopping centre and exit left onto Makeri Street heading East back up to the GC Highway and turn left again towards Surfers Paradise.
We will remain on the GC Highway heading north all the way eventually turning right into Oxley Drive and then left into the Harbour Town Shopping Centre and parking over near McDonalds.
We plan to leave Harbour Town at approximately 19:15 hours and turn right onto Olsen Avenue riding south and then turn left into Hollows Way and right into Hospital Boulevard arriving at the Gold Coast University Hospital at approximately 19:30 hours. Once again this year to say thank you to the riders on the night I am organising raffles and we are having a sausage sizzle in the Hospital grounds out the back when we meet and greet to drop off our donations to the children and nurses.
I have spoken to an officer of the Gold Coast Traffic Police and they have given verbal approval for our intended ride, with the strict stipulation that we have NO blue lights on our bike displays.
We have all the same great supporters behind us again this year and also some new ones.
- Number one is Ben & Vickie and their crew at The Gold Coast Hospital Foundation, thanks for making it all possible.
- The GCUH management for allowing the ride and the entry onto the grounds.
- Many thanks to all my mates in the Gold Coast Cruiser Club for sharing my passion and supporting my dream of creating a ride for my little Mate Ollie and his mates in the children’s ward.
- Ash and Rebel FM for free on air promotional advertising.
- SUPER BUTCHER Oxenford donating the sausages.
- Karen at Centre management The Q-Super Centre
- Bendigo Bank The Pines Elanora for having our donation bin inside their store
- The Gold Coast Bakery Ernest Junction is discounting their lovely local bread rolls for the sausage sizzle.
- Mitch and Matt at SHARKS Motorcycle Leathers for $100 gift voucher.
- Deb at GAME OVER for gift voucher to their great indoor kart centre.
- Michelle at Dublin Docks for donating a dinner voucher.
- Joshua Thomas for in store gift voucher at Arundel Plaza
- Outpost Café for donating a meal voucher.
- Coles at Arundel Plaza with a gift store card.
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks for a family pass to one of their great attractions.
- Officeworks Southport for gift box donation of activities for the children.
- Centre management staff and their teams at The Q-Super Centre, The Pines Elanora and Harbour Town.
- Kate, Holly Kirsty at Extreme Print Harbour Town for helping out designing and printing the flyers.
- McDonalds The Pines, The Q-Super Centre and Harbour Town with having charity bins in store for the week before the ride.
- Gloria at Uncles Café Worangary for keeping us fed with great breakfast deals, yummy coffee and nice smiles and being a donation collection point.
- Christmas Galore Harbour Town will give riders a discount on battery powered Christmas Lights.
- Skol at Ozbike Australia for posting our flyer on their page.
- Gold Coast Sun for promoting us on their community page.
- 4CRB for promoting our ride on their community page.
- Gaye and Dave at Affordable Embroidery Services for donating the ride patches.
- Bendigo Bank The Pines for having our donation bin inside their store.
Several businesses are passing out flyers and promoting for us,
- Karen and Andrew at GC Motorcycle Tyre’s Mermaid Beach,
- Mitch Matt and the crew at Sharks Leathers Helensvale,
- DOC’s Dr’s Orders Canteens at the GCUH.
- Ewan at The Coffee Bug at the GCUH & Brisbane Road Drive Through.
- Iron and Resin Garage Currumbin
- Outpost Café Canungra
- Karen at Centre management The Q-Super Centre
The Gold Coast Cruiser Club (GCCC) is social motorcycle group; we have no clubhouse no President Treasure or Secretary, we meet every second Saturday for our shared love of maintaining and then riding our motorcycles around the beautiful Gold Coast and nearby Hinterland with the occasional overnighter to a more distant location. To be a Gold Coast Cruiser Club member you have to be forty years or over and you have to ride a Cruiser, the club is open to all genders. This charity event is open to all motorcyclists on the Gold Coast, this is NOT a member only ride, anyone can join in on this ride on a scooter a moped a Sypder a Cruiser a Road bike a sports bike or even a Harley, if its registered, if it’s got two or three wheels, you’re welcome to put your helmet on and a pillion on the back and come along an join in. Put the kids in the car, van or bus and follow us if you like. Come and meet Mick & Val Glenn & Jo Pete & Liz, Paul & Tania Magoo & Jenny Michael Paul, Rosco, Robyn, Steve, Cheryl, Popeye, John, John & Natasha Gary & Jenny Jess Kylie Don Banjo Ash Garry Shaq Jo & Terry Kurt Kay & John Bob Susie Dave Ross Spook Steve Kevin Vass Aaron Cindy Geoff & Sue Theo Jimbo and all the rest of the crew.
I hope you can make a donation if possible or participate simply by joining Ollie and myself this year on our ride with the Gold Coast Cruiser Club and help to make his second ride a great one and another night to remember, hopefully one day in eight years’ time he can ride beside me on the annual ride. You can decorate your bike or vehicle with as many electric lights battery powered or solar powered lights as you can and lots of tinsel and Christmas themed decorations. Many thanks, Jeff Goudy 0412577153