Project: Sustainable Youth 2019
Sustainable Youth is the Robina State High School Sustainable inaugural ‘Project’; an event organised entirely by high school students and activated alumni that aims to cultivate an ongoing, meaningful, and co-creative space for Gold Coast youth to collectively engage with sustainability. The P:SY vision is for high school and university students to come together and deeply explore the complex, interconnected nature of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), through being exposed to a plurality of local perspectives and interactive workshop experiences. Our ultimate mission is for this Project to ignite a lasting sense of stimulating curiosity in the young people of our city – allowing them to connect with other activated leaders, and leave with not only a holistic understanding of the SDGs, but also practical resources to begin planting the youthful seeds for grassroots change on the Gold Coast.
- Keynote presentation from a key youth figure working in the Gold Coast sustainability space
- Q&A panel with 5 multi-sector panelists
- 2030 SDGs Game Session (multiplayer, in-person, card-based game that simulates taking the “real world” into the year 2030)
- Interactive, hands-on workshops to engage in meaningful dialogue, network and learn practical ways to embody sustainability
- Informational stalls to showcase local SDG action