Gold Coast home destroyed by fire after barbecue erupts in flames

A Gold Coast family has been left homeless after fire tore through their house at Reedy Creek.

A barbecue is understood to be the cause of the blaze which broke out at the home on Coronata Place at around 6pm on Thursday.

The barbecue reportedly burst into flames before the fire quickly spread across a balcony before engulfing the home.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Mark Bennetts from Queensland Fire & Emergency Services says it was a massive inferno.

“It was pretty intense from when we got here, the first arriving appliances, we could see it from Bermuda St at Broadbeach, that’s how intense it was.”

A young family were forced to flee for the lives as the fire quickly destroyed their home.

Seven fire trucks attended the scene and had to work quickly to stop the blaze spreading to neighbouring properties.

“I’ve got to say the initial crews that attended did a magnificent job in saving our exposures, which is the houses either side and they were very close,” Mr Bennetts said.

Nobody was injured in the inferno.

The blaze is not being treated as suspicious.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments