A number of petrol stations on the Gold Coast have already been spotted with much lower prices, after the fuel excise was cut in Tuesday night’s federal budget.
The Federal Government confirmed the fuel excise would be halved from 44.2c per litre to 22.1c from Wednesday.
It was expected to take up to two weeks to filter through to the bowser; however, some servos on the Gold Coast haven’t wasted any time implementing the lower prices.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
According to Petrol Spy, there are around nine in the city which currently have Unleaded petrol as low as $1.80.
This is significantly lower than the $2.20 mark the city has been seeing in the past few weeks.
There are also several that are hitting the $1.88 mark.
Gold Coast petrol stations offering lowest price Unleaded:
- 7/11 Ashmore (Nerang Road) – 181.9
- 7/11 Ashmore (Ashmore Road) – 181.9
- BP Ashmore – 181.9
- Freedom Fuel Ashmore – 180.9
- Coles Express Molendinar – 180.9
- Coles Express Benowa (Ross St) – 181.9
- Coles Express Benowa (Ashmore Rd) – 181.9
- BP Benowa – 181.9 (for e10)
- BP Molendinar 177.9 (for e10)
*Source – Petrol Spy @ 3.50pm Wednesday 30 March