The Gold Coast Suns have wrapped up their 2019 season, by crowing their Club Champion.
Co-captain Jarrod Witts was presented with the highest individual honour at the club’s annual awards at the Southport Sharks last night.
Witts polled 553 votes to win comfortably, ahead of fellow skipper and runner-up David Swallow (417 votes) and third-placed Darcy Macpherson (368 votes).
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The 26-year-old ruck is being celebrated for a stellar season – after breaking the record for most hit outs in a regular season, registering 1008 from his 22 games at an average of 45.82.
The skipper’s victory is his first Club Champion award of any kind with the Suns.
Other awards given out last night include the following:
- Connor Budarick – Academy Player of the Year
- Ellie Hampson – Academy Player of the Year
- Tom Nicholls – NEAFL Player of the Year
- Charlie Ballard – Elastoplast Emerging Player
- Jack Bowes – Hostplus Most Professional winner
- Jarrod Harbrow – the Community Award (second year in a row)
- Jade Pregelj – Emerging Player of the QW Winter Series
- Kate Surman – Player of the Winter Series
- Michael Rischitelli – newest Life Member
- David Swallow + Touk Miller – The Players’ Player
— Gold Coast Suns (@GoldCoastSUNS) August 31, 2019