Gold Coast motorists are being reminded that several local roads will be closed this weekend due to the Gold Coast Triathlon (Luke Harrop Memorial).
Over 2000 competitors are expected to take part in the triathlon on Sunday, February 25, with the event to start and finish at Mitchell Park in Southport.
Police say they have been working with event organisers and stakeholders to ensure the triathlon is “conducted safely” and with “minimum disruption to traffic.”
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Officers will be policing the event accompanied by Traffic Controllers and marshals to ensure public safety and to minimise disruption to local residents and businesses during the Triathlon,” Major Events Senior Sergeant Des Hearn said.
Local motorists are being urged to avoid traveling anywhere in the area from 4.00am until midday on Sunday due to diversions that will be in place.
Full road closure of the following Northern (Runaway Bay to Southport) roads:
• Bayview Street from Jennifer Avenue to Lands End Bridge.
• Marine Parade from Lands End Bridge, Biggera Waters to Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters
• Gold Coast Hwy from Brisbane Road, Biggera Waters to Broad Street, Labrador
• Frank Street from Broad Street, Labrador to Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador
• Gold Coast Highway from Loders Creek Bridge, Labrador to North Street, Southport