Gold Coast unit block evacuated after fire erupts in bedroom

A unit block in Surfers Paradise has had to be evacuated overnight after a fire broke out in one of the apartments.

The blaze started in the bedroom of a unit at a complex on Parneno Street just before 10.30pm.

Three fire crews were called to the scene to battle the flames, with crews thankfully able to contain the fire to the one bedroom.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A Queensland Police spokesperson told myGC the front unit was damaged, but all others were saved.

Paramedics were also called to the scene but fortunately no one was injured.

It’s not yet known what sparked the fire, but police have declared it non-suspicious.