Gold Coasters are being reminded a number of roads will be closed in Broadbeach from tomorrow in preparation for the much-anticipated Groundwater Country Music Festival this weekend.
The annual event kicks off this Friday and goes until Sunday, with more than 65,000 people expected to get their boot scootin’ on.
Several roads in Broadbeach will be closed as a result, with local motorists warned to expect delays in the area.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Motorists are advised that travelling anywhere near the Broadbeach CBD area during the event may result in delays due to the diversions that will be in place,” Major Events Group Inspector Troy Penrose said.
The road closures begin from midday on Wednesday July 24, until 10.00am on Monday July 29.
– Full road closure of Queensland Avenue between Jubilee Avenue and Surf Parade
– Local traffic only along Queensland Avenue between Surf Parade and Federation Avenue until 4.00pm on Thursday July 25, then full road closure
– Local traffic only along Surf Parade between Capricornia Avenue and Queensland Avenue
– Restricted access along Surf Parade between Queensland Avenue and Victoria Avenue until 4.00pm on Thursday July 25, then full road closure (southbound lane from Albert Avenue to Victoria Avenue will remain open)
– Local access only along Albert Avenue between Old Burleigh Road and Surf Parade.