A new, free guidebook created by some of the Gold Coast’s best creative minds will help locals and visitors to explore the small artist-run galleries, intimate eateries and serious coffee haunts of the city.
Cultural Concierge breaks the Gold Coast into 11 precincts from the Northern Gold Coast to Tugun and Coolangatta. A well known creative professional from each of the precincts then highlights some of the Coast’s “lesser known creative gems hidden amongst its seaside streets”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The curators include:
- Emily Wurramara, singer/songwriter (Northern Gold Coast);
- Robby X, singer/songwriter/producer (The Islands);
- Brandon Els, 4040 creative director (CBD and Surrounds);
- Dr Sally Breen, award-winning author (Surfers Paradise and Surrounds);
- Mark Duckworth, Festival Director, Producer (Broadbeach);
- Rebecca Ross, Artistic Director of The Walls Art Space (Mermaid to Nobby Beach);
- Chris Knapp, Architect/Maker/Educator (Robina Varsity and Surrounds);
- Sean Scott, Photographer/Explorer (Burleigh Heads and Surrounds);
- Heidi Bartholomew, Founder of The Sunlounge (Palm Beach to Currumbin);
- Tim Baker, Writer (Currumbin Valley and Surrounds); and
- Byron Coathup, Multidisciplinary Artist (Tugun to Coolangatta).
Check out this video for a bit more information on how the Cultural Concierge came to be…