Hundreds of budding cyclists, families and first timers will roll into Surfers Paradise this Saturday for the inaugural Jewel Residences Oceanway Ride.
The ride has been designed to offer participants an extraordinary journey along the Gold Coast’s stunning coastline.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Here is a full list of everything you need to know ahead of the event, including road closures, ride courses, event start times and entry closures:
Full Road Closures:
• The Esplanade from Hanlan St to Soul Building Roundabout
Partial / Single Road Closures:
• The southbound lane of The Esplanade from Elkhorn Av to Narrowneck
• There will also be a limited access closure of The Esplanade from Breaker Av to Narrowneck Road Closure point
Please note: All road closures will start at 3am. Roads should be reopened by 11am and will be directed by police.
There will be some curb side parking restrictions on the ocean side of the esplanade, from Narrowneck to Elkhorn Ave, including designated public parking bays during this time. Signage will be erected to indicate these restrictions. Access to accommodation complex parking will not be affected.
Event Courses & Start Times
1. Ultimate Oceanway Ride presented by Staminade (55Km)
• Departs 6am with a cut off at 11am
• This course starts under the Surfers Paradise sign and heads south to Point Danger and Return
2. Family / Tourist Ride presented by Channel 7 Gold Coast (4km loop)
• Departs 7am until 10.00am
• This course starts under the Surfers Paradise sign and head North to Narrowneck
3. Little Legs Criterium presented by Channel 7 Gold Coast (250m loop)
• Starts at 10.00am to 11.00am
• This course starts under the Surfers Paradise and turns around before the Hanlan Street roundabout to create a 250m loop
Entries Close at 11:59pm tonight – Thursday 1st September.
Jewel Residences Ultimate Ride presented by Staminade
– $95 (Ages 16 +) *Includes event jersey
Family / Tourist Ride presented by 7 News Gold Coast
– FREE (Ages 10 and under)
– $15 (Ages 11 – 15)
– $30 (Ages 16 +)
Little Legs Criterium presented by 7 News Gold Coast
– FREE (Ages 3 – 7 years*)
For more information on the Oceanway Ride and to enter, visit: oceanwayride.com.au/