Gold Coasters are being warned of more heavy swell on the way for our beaches throughout today.
A hazardous surf warning is now in place, with the Bureau predicting a powerful east to southeasterly swell.
Conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming, according to the Bureau’s latest advice.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The warning is in place for Friday, May 28 for Gold Coast Waters, Sunshine Coast Waters and the Fraser Island Coast.
Surf Life Saving Queensland issued the following advice for those thinking about going to the beach.
– People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near
– Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek
a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
– Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing
or delaying their voyage.
– Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and
wear a lifejacket.
– Boaters should remember to log on with their local radio base and consider
their safety management plan.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 pm EST Friday.
Gold Coast lifeguards are yet to make a call about beach closures.