Beachgoers are being urged to check carefully before swimming at the beach today, with dangerous conditions continuing across the Gold Coast.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued another hazardous surf warning’s been issued due to large and powerful swell.
It’s warning against coastal activities such as rock fishing, boating and swimming on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Fraser Island Coast today.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Surf Life Saving Queensland is advising people to stay out of the water and avoid walking near surf-exposed areas.
Boaters are being urged to change or delay their trip, or at least be carrying the appropriate safety equipment if they’re out on the water today.
Further advice includes the following:
– People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near
– Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek
a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
– Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing
or delaying their voyage.
– Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and
wear a lifejacket.
– Boaters should remember to log on with their local radio base and consider
their safety management plan.