C’MON! Aussie’s will get the chance to watch tennis great Lleyton Hewitt in action once again, with the former world number one coming out of retirement for the Australian Open.
Hewitt made the exciting announcement overnight, revealing he will be partnering with fellow Aussie Sam Groth to play doubles at next month’s tournament.
The 36-year-old told 7NEWS he was keen to “give it a fair crack”.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“It’s going to be a bit of fun – that’s what the Australian Open is about,” Hewitt said.
“I’m going to really enjoy it. We’ve been hitting a lot of balls, hitting every day, and we’re not just going out there making up the numbers.
“We want to give it a fair crack.”
Hewitt officially retired from tennis in 2016, but returned to the court twice last year in the Davis Cup and Wimbledon.
— 7 News Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) December 14, 2017