Hot Tomato breakfast hosts help ease pressure off Gold Coast family devastated by fire

1029 Hot Tomato’s Flan & Emily Jade have reached out to help a Gold Coast family of four who lost everything, including their two beloved pet cats, in a devastating house fire on Saturday.

The Radnedge family’s home at Norman Court in Upper Coomera went up in flames shortly after 4pm. The fire is believed to have started from a battery charger in the garage. Thankfully Peter Radnedge, wife Holly and their two children Gemma and Sophie were not home at the time.

After hearing the heartbreaking news, including that the young family were forced to move into a neighbour’s house, our 1029 breakfast hosts brainstormed a way they could help.


While speaking to Peter Radnedge on the phone, Emily Jade said: “We’ve got to do something, but I don’t know how you replace the things that you lost. The living with the neighbour thing really got to me and together with the boys I thought of way you could start to create new memories. We rang our good friends at Paradise Resort and they would like to offer you a 5 night stay, including breakfast immediately so you can go and have some fun with your daughters.”

Peter was touched by the generosity, saying: “That means a lot. Thank you very much.”

Flan added: “We just want you guys to start making new memories, and if this helps at all, good for you.”

Following the announcement on air, David Brook, General Manager Paradise Resort Gold Coast told us: “We feel privileged to be able to support a local family in creating new memories after the unfortunate house fire by offering 5 nights’ accommodation including breakfast. We’ve also included a character towel each for the girls and a pass each to Planet Chill Ice Skating Rink to use whilst they are here.”

Strangers have also come together to support the Radnedge family, with $3800 already donated to a Go Fund Me account online set up for the family by a close friend. To donate, click here.

Read more about Paradise Resort Gold Coast here.