There are reports Netflix has cancelled its popular drama ‘House of Cards’, with the show’s upcoming sixth season to be the last.
The announcement comes just hours after the show’s star Kevin Spacey was accused of making advances on a 14-year-old boy at a party in 1986.
“Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey,” the company said in a statement to Deadline.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported.
“As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time.”
According to local media, the decision to end the popular drama came well before the misconduct allegations.
On Monday, Spacey posted a statement to his official twitter account in response to the claims made against him by fellow actor Anthony Rapp.
In the statement, Spacey said he “does not remember the encounter”, but if he did do what Rapp describes, then he owes him the “sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour.”
The 58-year-old continued by saying that he has “loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout [his] life and chooses now to live as a gay man.”
“I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior,” the actor wrote.
You can read the full statement below:
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) October 30, 2017