House destroyed by fire in Sydney, police say fireplace to blame

A house has been destroyed by fire in Sydney’s west.

Emergency crews were called to the house ablaze on Byron Road in Leppington just after 10pm on Saturday.

Crews recalled arriving to find the house “well alight”.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Police said the blaze is believed to have started in a fireplace.

Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the one building, however, the house was totally destroyed.

A male occupant was evacuated, but no one was injured, police said.

Investigators say the fire is not being treated as suspicious.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments