A LUXURY home has been destroyed after it exploded into flames on the Gold Coast, prompting the evacuation of an entire street.
The Pebble Beach Drive house at Runaway Bay was well involved in fire when emergency crews arrived just after 4am on Sunday.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
A large gas bottle exploded while crews were fighting the blaze, forcing authorities to evacuated the area.
The explosion was so strong, debris was sent flying through the air. Bricks had also smashed through a neighbour’s bathroom window.
It’s unclear what sparked the fire, which took firefighters roughly an hour to extinguish.
There was no one inside the home at the time it caught fire.