PARTS of picturesque Burleigh Heads have been shrouded in smoke after an asbestos-ridden house went up in flames in the beachside suburb.
Emergency services were called to the house ablaze on Hayle Street just after 10am.
It’s understood firefighters arrived to find the property well alight, with thick smoke billowing across the famous Burleigh headland.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Queensland Ambulance has confirmed paramedics are on the scene, with reports of one adult suffering burns.
It’s understood the house contains asbestos, with authorities heard ushering onlookers away from the scene.
Police have closed the street while emergency services respond.
Asbestos-ridden house engulfed in flames at Burleigh Heads. Police warning onlookers to get away. (Just after video was taken) pic.twitter.com/NsrHZ4GkUi
— Campbell Gellie (@CampbellGellie) June 2, 2018
Paramedics standing by at a house fire in Hayle St #BurleighHeads – reports of one adult with burns
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) June 2, 2018